Zetia please...

I have been asking my Dr. to consider Zetia (ezetimibe) to treat my sky high triglycerides (1586: yep,thats accurate). By changing my diet alone (no eggs,butter,or bacon, damn'it) it dropped to 680. I've been taking Gemfibrozil and the numbers are now around 300/400. I'm 45 and concerned about heart disease/stroke. His concern is that Zetia is not listed on some guideline for treatment.??? My hiv meds are Lexiva,Ziagen and Viread. We had to drop the Epzicom, Norivir,Reyataz combo because of jaundice. My numbers are vl<100 and cd4 is 286. Many Thanks! Kevin

Zetia has been reported to safely result in a modest further reduction of triglyceride levels in HIV+ patients in your situation. The ACTG has a Zetia study that is fully enrolled with results expected soon. KH

Mistake in taking my meds
Mitochondria - one more time.