restless leg syndrome

hi there. I was wondering if there is a connection between hiv, and/or meds and restless leg syndrome?

I am pretty sure the RLS started to occur a few years into my taking antiretrovirals. has there been any studies regarding a connection? and is this syndrome fairly common in hiv patients?

thank you for your time

I have had numerous HIV+ patients who have developed restless leg syndrome. In my experience RLS seems more common in diabetics or those who had been treated in the past with the 'D" drugs (such as D4T or ddI) linked to peripheral neuropathy. Since RLS is fairly common in the general population, a link to HIV infection in some patients can be hard to determine with certainty in many cases. KH

Muscle wasting?
Combivir