Muscle wasting?

Hello Doctors! I have been HIV poz since 1984, never have had a CD4 below 350 have always been undetectable (viral load). I am currently taking Viread, Norvir (100mgs.), Ziagen and Reyataz. In the past I have taken both Videx and Zerit but haven't been on them for 5 yrs. I have also taken other PIs in the past (Viracept and Kaletra). Over the past 3 yrs. I have slowly watched as my body has changed, a slight buffalo hump has developed, fat pads under my arms, a slight extended belly and my arms and legs have absolutely no fat on them. I should also let you know I am 47 y/o, 6'4", 240# and have always worked out at least 1 day a week for at least 10 yrs and now I'm up to 3-4 times/week for the last 3 months. My shoulders (which have always been very substantial) are half the size they were 2 years ago, my neck is narrower and my skin on my arms and legs seems very thin (when you pinch you feel no fat at all, just skin). If this is solely due to fat redistribution does it also mean that muscle wasting is coming up soon (no more fat to redistribute), or is this craziness a combination of muscle wasting and lipo. I was under the assumption that muscle wasting doesn't occur until a person has developed full blown AIDS, am I wrong? Thanks again for providing this service, it is indeed sanity saving.

Muscle wasting per se has not generally been a problem seen in persons doing well on HIV treatment who maintain good CD4 counts, viral suppression, and good nutrition/exercise. Muscle wasting has not been a feature of lipodystrophy seen in treated HIV infection. Low testosterone levels in males can contribute to loss of muscle mass in some patients. KH

Will liposuction work?
restless leg syndrome