lung problems

I had PCP 2 years ago but am now fine. But recently had nodules on my lungs increase in size and quantity. I had a surgical biopsy done and there is nothing there (cancer, TB, etc.) I work out doors and my drs advised me to retire as the humidity in the summer and the cold in the winter will not be good for my lungs. What is your feeling on this?

Response from Dr. Conway

It sounds as if the nodules are nothing serious at present, but it would certainly be our practice to keep doing tests on a regular basis, perhaps A CHEST X-ray every 6-12 months. Additional tests could be done if the lesions grow or start giving you problems. The issue of avoiding humidity and cold may have to do with your tendency to asthma, or reactive airways. If you have such a condition, then the advice is quite wise. This would also apply if the PCP (or any other HIV-related condition that has affected your lungs) has left some scarring such that your airways are more reactive to heat, cold or other things.

I don't wan't to take 4
hiv test taken almost 11 months