I don't wan't to take 4

I just switched from Atripla to Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada. can I drop the tenofvir and take the other 3? I had a real low viral load when I started so how long could I get out of the combo if I dropped the norvir? A couple years till something better comes around? I could live with a couple years.

Response from Dr. Conway

You are not actually taking 4 drugs. The Norvir is just a booster for the Reyataz. So you are really on tenofovir and emtricitabine (the two components of the Truvada) along with Reyataz. the Norvir is just to make sure that the blood levels of one of your three drugs (Reyataz) is high enough, especially since the tenofovir that you are taking tends to make the blood level lower. This should work great to get your viral load down and keep it there.

worried gal again
lung problems