|HAART and KS
Mar 24, 2007
I recently started therapy with Sustiva/Combivir. CD4 is up to 376 and VL is 250. In the last two months I have developed KS in the eyelid which required excision. What should I expect for treatment and prognosis? Thanks!
| Response from Dr. Henry
The effect of HAART on KS is generally positive but is still variable/unpredictable. KS lesions in some/most patients seem to melt away and fade when potent antiretroviral therapy is started (usually with increasing CD4 counts). I have several patients where that has not happened to our frustration so local and or sytemic therapies have to be utilized. In general the prognosis for persons with localized KS who are responding well to antiretroviral therapy is good. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.