HAART and KS

I recently started therapy with Sustiva/Combivir. CD4 is up to 376 and VL is 250. In the last two months I have developed KS in the eyelid which required excision. What should I expect for treatment and prognosis? Thanks!

The effect of HAART on KS is generally positive but is still variable/unpredictable. KS lesions in some/most patients seem to melt away and fade when potent antiretroviral therapy is started (usually with increasing CD4 counts). I have several patients where that has not happened to our frustration so local and or sytemic therapies have to be utilized. In general the prognosis for persons with localized KS who are responding well to antiretroviral therapy is good. KH

Kaletra/Truvada side effects
Foot pain