Atripla

I like Atripla because that means only one pill daily. However, often I feel tired, low energy or fatigue. I understand it is Sustiva in Atripla that contributes to this problem for a lot of people. Is there anyway Atripla can be modified so it does not cause tiredness, low energy or fatigue?

It is advised to take Atripla before bedtime, but can Atripla be modified so it could be taken in the morning or anytime, and with or without food?

If not on either issues, will there be a one-pill-a-day soon that will not cause these and other side effects, and allow flexibilty on when to take it?

Lastly, of the three drugs in the combo Atripla, are any of them known to cause hair loss, and if so, how common is it?

Some patients do better with the central nervous side effects generally due to the efavirenz component of ATripla by taking it in the AM but the peak levels occur several hours after taking so most patients have a better experience when asleep when that occurs. Atripla is a fixed dose combination so no alteration of the doses is possible. To my knowledge no other one pill a day formulation is soon to be marketed in the US. There are numerous once daily regimens involving 3-5 pills that often are well tolerated and don't tend to have central nervous system side effects that could be considered if the side effects from efavirenz remain annoying. KH

Very Slow T-Cell Climb?
Kaletra/Truvada side effects