|Reply to diarrhea in am
Mar 23, 2007
I had that problem. and I got checked by a gastrologist. It turns out I had giardia. That might be the case. Here is my question for the expert, I am HIV positive, does that increase my risks for obtaining giardia?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Giardiasis can be transmitted through anal intercourse so some HIV+ persons may be at increased risk (generally transmitted through hand to mouth transfer of cysts from feces of an infected person). Giardiais can be more severe in HIV+ persons. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.