hgh for fat

Is it ok to try the hgh tx for the fat that has accumulated aroung my middle from hiv meds; I hate the unsightly bulge that is there!!! I am becoming desperate to do something; nothing is working

Human growth hormone is still under investigation for possible use in HIV-related fat accumulation. Side effects include bone pain and glucose intolerance (diabetes) coupled with extra-ordinarily high cost (can cost > $20,000/year). It is unclear what happens after 6-12 months of use (often problem returns when stopped). Diet and exercise appears to help some as can switching HIV meds around to most suitable fat friendly regimen. Fat metabolism is very complicated so a solution to the puzzle of why and what to do about it has been elusive (for both HIV+ persons and the general population). KH

Joints pain