Triglycerides and fish oil

This is more of a helpful hint to others then a question: After being on HIV meds for 2 1/2 years, the only real side effect ive had troubles with was a big rise in my cholesterol, especially my triglycerides. at one point they were close to 1,000. my doctor put me on tricor, but had a reaction to it after a few weeks, (muscle pain and fatigue.) We then tried fish oil and garlic, and I have faithfully taken 2 fish oil tablets, and 1 garlic tablet every day for the past 6 months. Honestly, my triglycerides count went down to 550 the first check up, down to 300 second cehck up. I feel it really is working, and others should try this if they are having issues with this and cant get their levels down.

Thanks for providing that example of a good response to use of fish oil and garlic. There is a concern about garlic lowering levels of some key HIV drugs such as protease inhibitors or efavirenz so your HIV provider needs to be aware of what other medications you are taking if you are on antiretroviral treatment. KH

sexual depression
hair loss & fatigue