sexual depression

i got word that i was positive in november. the day before thanksgiving. needless to say that my desire to have sex have fallen alot. i am only 26 years old and have gone from 3 times a day to 1 a week and my partner is getting to become upset. he is positive too and has been for 20+ years. he said that the depression will go away and my sexualdesire will return but my docs at the va dont seem to know what there doing. my node count is beginning to get higher and they tell me there isnt anything to do. i donk know if it is cause i am new to being poz but i just want to know will i ever feel like my normal self again? are there other websits that have groups for the newly poz? i think my partner forgot about the pain of just finding out.

It is fairly common to have some element of depression/anxiety after finding out HIV positive status. That often impacts sexual interest/performance particularly with the added worry about transmission to a partner. Getting good general health and HIV care can help. Low testosterone levels seem to be more frequent in HIV+ men and can compound the problem. Getting good mental health counseling, good HIV care, and having a supportive partner all can often help in returning to more normal sexual functioning interest but it can be frustrating. KH

Side Effects- New Meds
Triglycerides and fish oil