Mar 15, 2007
I am currently on efavirenz, lamivudine and didanosine and I find exercise a good way of ameliorating many of the side effects I have experienced. Some folks recommend nutritional supplements such as whey powder or creatinine as adjuncts to exercise to help build and keep muscle. Do these kinds of products have any potential ill effects for HIV+ people on or off meds?
Response from Dr. Henry
I am not aware of any good documentation of serious problems taking creatine proteinupplements or whey powder while taking your particular HIV regimen. Your should inform your HIV specialist of what products you are taking so that he/she can monitor for any untoward/unexpected problems. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Fast Do Genital Warts Spread?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.