Triglycerides

I have been poz since 1990. I have always been healthy. For the past 3 years I have been undetectable. In November I was undetectable. Now my blodd work was good except for the fact that my triglycerides were at 571 AFTER fasting the night before and getting my blood work done at 8am. I also went from undetectable to 605 viral load. My T cell count was 503. My Dr. explained that occasionally there can be a blip in your numbers. What are your thoughts on my recent numbers? I am scheduled to get my blood work drawn again tomorrow morning after fasting. Thanks.

HIV infection, diet , genetics, other medical conditions, and some HIV medications can increase triglyceride levels. The likelihood that one of your HIV drugs is a main factor is dependent on which HIV drugs you are taking. A viral load increase to 605 is of concern if maintained and particularly if on a NNRTI based regimen such as with efavirenz. If the viral load remains in that range or higher then a resistance test is often performed to see if any HIV mutations have emerged that would confer resistance to one or more of your HIV drugs.HIV specialists are adept at evaluting and managing triglyceride elevations and viral load increases seen on therapy. KH

Atripla / CNS Side Effects
Hello from London