kaletra throwing up

I am concerned as my son has been on kaletra for 1 1/2 yrs, now for the last three months in the morning only he feels very very nausea and usually throws up. I am worried because his HIV doctor said it cant be the pills because he doesnt get sick after taking them. I am very very worried as I have read that with high triglycerides that can effect the pancreas and can make you throw up. His triglycerides are really high.

There are fairly good tests for pancreatitis (lipase or amylase blood levels and some X-ray tests) to evaluate whether that problem is contributing to the AM nausea symptoms. A wide range of GI and other medical conditions can contribute to AM nausea. Your son's HIV specialist is usually the best person to assess the likely cause for nausea. There are a number of medications for nausea that can be variably effective if the nausea persist despite efforts to diagnose and treat any underlying contributing condition. KH

Drug Interactions
Growing concern around mitochondrial toxicity