|Leg, Knee, Foot and Back Pain
Mar 14, 2007
I am currently taking Kivexia, Reyetaz boosted with Norvir for over 2 years now. I have been experiencing leg, knee, foot and back pain for quite sometime and am wondering if the meds are causing the pain.
Response from Dr. Henry
The rate of neuropathy, muscle, joint pain from use of ritonavir + atazanavir and abacavir/lamivudine has generally been quite low so that in the majority of cases pain in the distribution you desribe would not be due to the HIV medications but to some other cause. Your HIV specialist is ideally suited to assess your pain and decide what type of further evaluation is in order. KH
Weight a problem
neuropathy and muscle loss
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
- What Are The Little White Bumps On My Penis? Not A Std?
- At What CD4 Count Should You Start Taking ARVs
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.