aptivus side effects

Hi Iam curently on the combo.of500mg./aptivus2daily, didanasone400mg.1day, norvir200mg2day and 150mg.epivir1day. I have been pos.for23yrs.and am multi drug resistant.Thank the lord that this combination has been working for me for 2and a half years now.I got my viral load down to undetectable and my c.d.4count up toaround350.My question is with the Aptivu.The last I heard from the newsletter,was there was a serious problem stemming from the Aptivus and high trigliserides and cholesterol,and something else that I can"t remember.Could you please give me the latest news you"ve heard about this combo.Thank You Sincerley John

Sounds like you are having a good response to your regimen.Tiprinavir + ritonavir can increase blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides but generally the levels haven't placed patients ( a small subset of patients have very serious increase in lipid levels)needing those medications or high risk for any cardiovascular complications so that the overall risk/benefit favors use of a suppressive regimen. I am not sure if switching from tipranavir to darunavir would help the lipid levels much. Soon, the Merck integrae inhibitor, the Pfizer R5 inhibitor, and TMC 125 will be available for patients with resistant virus. The lipid effects of those drugs may be less than seen with boosted PI regimens but generally they have been used with boosted PIs. Fuzeon (T20) has little effect on lipids so that is an option as well for some patients. KH

Sexual side effects from taking Neurtion
Atripla+Viramune