|@nd Question/ Acting drunk
Mar 7, 2007
I was arrested for DWI one night and I was not drinking. I had taken my Sustiva and had to go to the store. The police said I was acting drunk. Have you ever heard of this before and why don't I remember acting this way? Could this be a side affect?
Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva (Stocrine) can induce an alterred mental state rarely mimicking intoxication. That adverse event is most often seen in the first 2-4 weeks of treatment. Levels of efavirenz (Sustiva) can be increased if taken with high fat foods that could result in increased central nervous system side effects. KH
- Will Pep Failures Usually Be Caught Six Weeks After Exposure?
- Hiv Test And Autoimmune Disorder
- How Easy Or Hard To Get Hiv Through Intercourse?
- Elisa Hiv Test Accuracy At 4 Weeks From Exposure
- How Long Does The Cold Stay When You Have Hiv?
- Can I Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Is Hiv Positive And Not Get Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.