|@nd Question/ Acting drunk
Mar 7, 2007
I was arrested for DWI one night and I was not drinking. I had taken my Sustiva and had to go to the store. The police said I was acting drunk. Have you ever heard of this before and why don't I remember acting this way? Could this be a side affect?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva (Stocrine) can induce an alterred mental state rarely mimicking intoxication. That adverse event is most often seen in the first 2-4 weeks of treatment. Levels of efavirenz (Sustiva) can be increased if taken with high fat foods that could result in increased central nervous system side effects. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.