Effect of efavirenz on lansoprazole

I've been on HAART (Kivexa and efavirenz) since September 4th and had an excellent response, currently VL<40 and CD4 671 31%, from VL 120,000 and CD4 420 21% at baseline. For the past 3 years I've been treated for oesophageal reflux with omeprazole 20mg daily. In December this was increased to 40mg as symptoms were returning and this worked fine. A couple of weeks ago my GP (family doctor) changed by ppi to Lansoprazole 30 mg, which doesn't seem to be working as well. I understand from 'net research that efavirenz can reduce the efficacy of lansoprazole. Is this by a considerable degree (which may explain my returning symptoms) and does efavirenz also effect the efficacy of other ppi's? Thanks for your help and this great site. Steve in UK

Generally proton pump inhibitors are OK to take with efavirenz based regimens. If there is a concern an efavirenz blood level could be checked. KH

can do liver transplant for HIV patient
sulfameth/trimeth