skin dryness.

I was diagnosed with hiv in oct. 06. I am taking truvada, reyataz, and norvir. I now have very dry skin- scaling in scalp and upper forehead - eyes are itchy and dry - noticeable increase in lines and bags under eyes. I drink alot of water - do not drink or smoke. Thank you

Dry skin and other skin problems are common in the general population and often worse in the winter. Those problems and other skin disorders are even more common in HIV+ persons. Having your HIV specialist examine your skin is the first step. Your HIV regimen generally has not been linked to excessive skin dryness or problems. If I am not sure what is causing a particular skin problem and/or what to do about it I often refer to a dermatologist (skin specialist) who often is very helpful. KH

Theraflu and HIV meds
Should I be concerned regarding HIV