what else could it be ?

After having unprotected sex with a high risk female a few years ago I have now developed what certainly appears to be KS lesions on my lower leg. Besides the red purplish color and dime like size I also get swelling in my right ankle especially after constriction with socks. I had developed leukoplakia a few years ago after my contact and floaters which still remain. I had the typical acute symptoms at 6 weeks including the fever and upper body rash. These of course disappeared in about a week or two. I only get negative tests and have had numerous out to 29 months. I am very scared and confused to have such clinical symptoms but negative tests. I have not had an exposure in 3 years mainly out of fear and mental stress. I really do not know where to turn or what to think. What could cause such a thing and am I doomed?

Response from Dr. Conway

I would likely believe the negative HIV antibody test results for now. To me, the key is for a biopsy to be done to prove that the skin lesions you describe are really KS, and then consider more detailed HIV testing from there. Alternatively, if this is NOT KS, you can be reassured and then move on from there, and believe you are not infected with HIV.

Followup to a Dec 1 question
Viread/3TC/FTC Hair loss