why

Doc, what would cause someone to possibly continue to test negative in spite of being past window period by as much as two years past exposure? I know these are extemely rare but what could cause it?

Response from Dr. Conway

I would say that if you are testing negative 2 years after a possible exposure, you are not infected with HIV. Situations where HIV infection is present and the test continues to be negative for this long a period of time are incredibly rare, and relate to people who have very significant problems with their immune systems and are otherwise quite sick. I would say it is time for you to move on and accept the fact that you are not infected with HIV.

Follow up from last question
First time on meds!