Long term studies of Sustivia Usage

I have been on Sustiva for over 5 years. Are there any studies on long term side effects and how they affect the body and mind? I believe my side effects from the drug is increasing and my mind capacity is diminished greatly. While the drug has worked well for me in managing the drug, I now think it has done damage to me.

Thank you for your comment.

Response from Dr. Conway

This is a very interesting issue. The drug has not done damage to you. However, a number of people report that, over time, the vivid dreams, anxiety, restlessness and related issues persist. They may or may not be getting worse, but they may become more noticeable and interfere with their lives more significantly. One way of seeing if this is the case is to change the Sustiva to another medication and see if you feel better.

weigh loss
Follow up from last question