Kaletra and Truvada Side Effects

I have been on my current regimen of Truvada (1 pill once a day) and Kaletra(4 pills once a day) for about 2 years. Immediately after starting ,I noticed side effects from the medications (nausea, diarrhea, and headache), very consistent with administration sometimes taking them at the same time every day. Recently I have been noticing the side effects are nonexistent even when taken on an empty stomach. My CD4's are around 500 and viral load <50. My question is this. Does this mean they are not working as well anymore? Or has my body just become used to them? I am scared they are not working anymore. Thank you

Response from Dr. Conway

You need not be scared. Almost 90% of people who get any side effects of any kind on starting treatment like you notice the same thing. The side effects get better over a number of weeks and never come back. The fact that your CD4 count is so high and your viral load is undetectable tells you the treatment is still working. Congratulations and keep up the good work...

side effects
weigh loss