Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What ways can I spread shingles virus
Feb 21, 2007

I've recently got Shingles and on day 4 I had two doctors confirm it was shingles. Neither one prescribed meds because it is best to take them during the first 48 hours. So I've been taking Vitamin C,B,E and L-Lysine and etc. My question is... WHAT are some ways that I can spread the virus onto others. I know that I can't give shingles to others. The doc said unless someone actually touches the infected area, they can get it there. They said it wasnt at a contagious stage, it's just a red bumpy rash on my left side and spread to two small rashes on my back. My husband hasnt caught it yet, and I've had this for a week and a half. Can I be contagious if it's blistered and pus "doc says"? Like swimming at the finess center or the hot tub there? Can I give the virus or whatever to another person thru water?? Very curious. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Henry

This particular forum is exclusively for the discussion of the side effects of antiretroviral (HIV) therapy.

Previous
Elevated liver enzymes & polymiosytis
Next
health workers with AIDS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.