peripheral neuropathy in feet

I have been taking GPO VIR for 6 months now, with few side affects except for the last 2-3 months, my toes feel continually tingling, cold, sensitive to walking on a cold floor. In the medication instructions is is stated as a possible side affect, any general advice for relief? I am taking my vitamins (B etc) every day.

Response from Dr. Conway

This is a well identified side effect of the stavudine component of your medication. The best advice I could give you is to try to get off the medication as soon as you can. Otherwise, non-narcotic analgesics or drugs such as gabapentin can be used to help control the symptoms, in the hope that they will improve on their own over time even if you continue to take the stavudine. Getting off the stavudine remains the best option, though...

Efavirenz drowsiness and prolonged next-day trouble concentrating
grape seed extract and coQ10