Any specific HIV concerns with Liposuction?

I was diagnosed with HIV last year and so far I'm still healthy and not on medication (CD 400/ Load 16000). I have had a couple of liposuction surgeries in the past and I'm considering another one soon. Are there any specific concerns for HIV+ to undergo this kind of operation? Does the plastic surgeon HAVE to be informed about the HIV+ status? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Conway

From your point of view, there are no problems associated with the surgery, either how you will handle it or the results you will obtain. At least in Canada, you would have to tell the plastic surgeon that you have HIV to ensure that all precautions are taken to protect the surgeon and other medical staff from possible exposure to HIV. This information would be treated as completely confidential and should not in any way affect the surgeon's ability or willingness to perform the surgery. In Canada, if it was ever felt that the surgeon was discriminating against you because of your HIV status, you would be within your rights to report the surgeon to medical licensing bodies for appropriate discipline.

New to ART, extreme swelling
Re: Geno or Pheno Test?