Teeth Problems

Hi, I'm 44 y.o., poz since 2002, caught in seroconvertion, since then in good condition on meds, except as far as my teeth are concerned. I have lost 3, and the upper ones are in the majority a bit loose in my gums.My dentist doesn't give me a satisfactory answer if there is anything I can do to prevent them all from falling, or if I should consult an expert in gum problems.There is a famous one where I live, but I'm not too happy with the idea of disclosing my status without knowing if he can be of any help. So my question is: is this due to the virus? The meds(combivir and stocrin)? Is there anything you can tell me about teeth problems related with HIV? Thanks for your help. Best regards Peter

Many HIV+ patients can have increased problems with gums/teeth that necessitate expert dental intervention. Effective treatment of HIV can stabilize the situation for some patients but dental intervention often still required. Disclosing HIV+ status is recommended. Many regions of the world have a dentist who is comfortable and reliable for HIV+ issues. Your HIV specialist or a local AIDS service organization might know of a dentist in your area. Aggressive teeth/gum cleaning and care over time is often needed to noticeably improve dental health in many patients. Other conditions like bacterial infections, vitamin disorders, heavy metal exposure, crystal meth use can cause dental problems so a good dental evaluation is crucial to identify and address contributing factors. KH

hiv myelopathy/myelitis
what kind of Dr do I see