A FOOL WHO NEEDS AN ANSWER

HELLO BRIAN.YES I AM THE FOOL.ON A STUPID STUPID DRUNKEN NIGHT OUT I USED THE SERVICES OF A LADY BOY PROSTITUTE.A WOMAN WHO USED TO BE A MAN.WE HAD PROTECTED ORAL SEX BUT DURING ME PENETRATING HER ANALLY SHE REMOVED THE CONDOM.FOOLISHLY I CONTINUED BUT EJACULATED OUTSIDE THE PERSON'S BODY.I HAVE ALREADY TESTED NEGATIVE AT 35 DAYS.ARE MY CHANCES GOOD?I WILL TEST AGAIN AT 13 WEEKS.IF THIS RESULT IS NEGATIVE SHOULD I END MY NIGHTMARE AND GET ON WITH MY LIFE? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ADVICE.THIS SITE IS MY LIFE LINE AT PRESENT AND I AM ALREADY MAKING A POINT OF INFORMING FRIENDS SO PEOPLE CAN GET EDUCATED.THANKS.

Response from Dr. Conway

Insertive anal intercourse, especially if a condom is not used, carries a significant risk of HIV transmission, perhaps 1% or so if the person with whom you were having sex is actually HIV infected. The fact that your test was negative after 5 weeks is reassuring, but you need to await the result of the 3 month test to be sure you have not become infected with HIV. This will be the definitive result.

ELISA TEST : Positive, Negative and Indeterminate from the same sample?
Erectile Dysfunction