Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Back neck nodes
Feb 9, 2007

Ive been experiencing neck pain for about one month. The pain is muscular pain and sometimes it travels through my head giving me a headache. Three days ago when I was taking a bath I felt behind my neck a lump but it wasnt hard, its size is like a spiders bite, and it doesnt hurt me. The next day I found another one on the left side of my neck little bit upper then the right one. The same day at night I felt my body cold, like I was having a fever but I didnt, and neck same place as the lump has a burning/flaming feeling but, which is annoying. And my ears feel blocked some of the time and little bit pain. I went to the doctor the next day and she did couple of check up and said I have nothing. After that I went to a different doctor, because I felt I have a little bit of sore throat and to check out the lump. The doctor told me it is a node, and I have an inflammation, which is a cause from the flu, but she said my body is fighting it. And then she added but your neck is a different problem, she said if you dont happen to sit correctly or have stress it can create nodes. What should I do about the node? Can it be something serious?

Response from Dr. Henry

This particular website is exclusively for discussion of the side effects of HIV therapy (antiretroviral therapy).

Previous
Hair Loss - feedback
Next
What's causing.....?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.