Hair Loss Continues

Hi Doc, i wrote to you about my hair loss after my illness and starting on Atripla. Well, my hair continues to dwindle...Should i stop atripla and take it in separate pills, in other words get off the one that is related to Ftc or 3tc that causes hair loss or should i just stick with it and hope what happened to one of your recent testimonals and just hope that it is Telogen Effluvium? I am just afraid of going bald..vain i guess, but my hair was one of my best attributes on my appearance...Thank you for your professional act in this world in contributing assistance to us HIV people.

Total hair loss is not seen very commonly among patients taking Atripla or its various components so it can be very diffcult to pin down if one of the drugs in the combination is the main factor driving the hair loss. Review of the situation with your HIV specialist and possible a dermatologist is recommended. KH

Mitochondria
HIV+Alopecia