Kaletra/Truvada Fever

I have been diagnosed with HIV for 20 something years and been on therapy most of my life (contracted from blood product) Recently i restarted HAART after being on no treatment for about 2 and a half years due to horrible insurance problems. My cd4 is 8 and my VL was really high so i decided i could not wait and went to an ID Dr. My Dr. put me on Kaletra and Truvada. I had been on Kaletra before but never truvada. I was having some fevers and fatigue before starting the therapy but after starting the therapy the fevers got worse up to 105F. I also have bad shaking everytime my fever comes up. worse than normal chills and starts when my fever hits 99-100. i just can't seem to shake the fever and the shaking and my dr thought it was a developed allergy to the bactrim and took me off but still having the fevers and shaking. Can the meds be causing these symptoms since i just started them a week ago. Is my body just trying to adapt or could i be rejecting one of them? Any advice would be appreciated.

It would be very unusual for your HIV drugs to be directly causing a fever. Much more common would be either a form of immune reconstitution syndrome whereby the recovering immune system is reacting to a previously hidden infection causing symptoms. With a CD4 count of 8 you could have a developing either AIDS-related or non-AIDS related infection independent of the HIV treatment that isn't prevented or impacted by having started antiretroviral therapy (such as influenzae). With fevers and symptoms like you are experiencing you need to discuss with your HIV specialist. KH

CAN YOU HELP ME?
Erection failure