PEP Required?

Sunday morning I had unprotected sex with another male. I noticed in his bag there were HIV meds, after asking him about it he reassured me that I had nothing to worry about, the meds were not his, he was sharing the bag with his roommate. I got a PEP kit from work and just took my first dose. I believe him that I have nothing to worry about, and after my first dose ( 1 Combivir and 6 Kaletra BID) and now I'm experiencing numbness in my lips and limbs. Do you think I should continue the PEP?

If the medical assessment you received recommended PEP then I would defer to that judgement. Many patients will develop gut/oral side effects from a regimen containing Combivir/Kaletra so that is not surprising though it can be annoying. KH

viral load
Atripla and Rheumatoid arthritis