what to do to loose some weight?!

Good evening

Im 23 years old and I have HIV (type one) for 3 years. About a year and a half ago Ive started to take Combivir and Stokrin because my virus level was about 200.000 copies and my CD4 rounding 200, after four months the virus level was less than 40 copies (as it is know) and since then my CD4 have been growing, two months ago I had around 700 copies of CD4. All my life I have a belly and I dont feel comfortable with that. One last March Ive entered for a gymnasium and Ive started to loose some weight, but unfortunately the belly is still here! I have 176 centimetres (5.77 feet) and 72 Kilograms (159 pounds) and my percentage of fat is around 19%. My question is Ive been told about L-Carnitine by non positives HIVs, apparently is a compose that burns our fat while we are working out, Ive heard to about other composes similar to L-Carnitine but I dont know if I should use it or not, and which one! Ive heard about mesotherapy too but I dont know if it works or the inject product will or not interact with my anti-retroviral pills. Could you help me?

Anthony

I have not seen any convincing data the use of L-carnitine will decrease HIV-treatment related increased in intra-abdmonal fat. Diet and exercise might help some patients. It is unclear to me whether switching your HIV meds (ie the AZT in Combivir to tenofovir or abacavir) would impact/decrease fat increases so that remains an unknown. Treatment for increased abdominal fat remains unsatisfactory. Results with testosterone or oral diabetic drugs have been mixed. Growth hormone or growth hormone releasing factor are being studied but the cost can be high and results perhaps not sustained if treatment is stopped. KH

sore mouth, sensitve teeth
viral load