To Creatine or not?

Hello Doc!

So I tested poz almost two years ago. Since my diagnosis I got sober (17 months now) and decided to hit the gym and am training for my first triathlon (Ive lost a total of 81 lbs of fat) but really want to build more muscle and am considering to use creatine. My t-cells are at 236 (started with 21 when I found out) and my viral load is undetectable. I really want to gain muscle but am worried that my kidneys will be harmed (I already take Kaletra & truvata) if I take creatine.

I noticed that you had a posting but it is really old (2002).

Thanks, Future

There is concern about use of creatine in persons with underlying kidney or liver disease. If your renal function is OK (normal GFR and no protein in urine) then often can take creatine OK even if on tenofovir (in Truvada) and protease inhibitor based HIV therapy. I would inform your HIV specialist so he/she can monitor for any developing problems. KH

aches and pains
Reply to Hair Loss