Viramune rash

I started Viramune and Truvada October 2006 and noticed itching in November 2006 but was recently told it was probably scabies rather than any reaction to the anti-HIV medications. I have treated the scabies and the itching continues and seems to have gotten worse. First, is it possible for a Viramune-related rash to develop and worsen 2-3 months after beginning therapy and second, how would I be able to tell the difference between a scabies-related rash and one caused by Viramune? My CD4 went from 350 to 600 and viral load from 60,000 to undetectable since beginning the anti-HIV therapy.

In most cases it would be somewhat unusual for a nevirapine rash to develop/worsen 2-3 months after starting treatment. Rashes can be hard to sort out. In cases like yours I would seek consultation from an HIV experienced dermatologist (skin specialist) to try and make the most specific diagnosis possible leading to better choices for management. KH

Any possible cure on the horizon?
Should I take medication for my osteoporis?