Hair Loss

I had a terrible seroconversion, but when I did, my hair fell off soon after. My doctor told me that it was called telogen effluvium and it was caused because my body had just been put under alot of stress. He also told me that if you look at you fingernails, you will notice is that they will thin a bit when you got sick. He said it was analogous to when geoligist look at rocks to see what happened in the past.... you can see that in your fingernails as they grow in.

Anyway, needless to say after about 6 months of heavy hair loss, my hair grew back just like my doctor had said.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing your interesting story linking hair loss and HIV seroconversion. KH

Are Shingles a Sign of HAART Rejection?
Broken Condom after Ejaculation, HELP!!