Jan 19, 2007
I am positive and have had swollen parotids for at least ten years. I had the radiation treatment and got no reduction at all. There is no pain in the area but my face just looks horrible. I limit my exposure in public cause I look so awful. Is there anything new to remedy this? Could it something other than hiv causing it?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Good question for which I have no easy answer. Many conditions including infections, Sjogrens syndrome, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis, some vitamin deficiencies, alcohol irritation, acromegaly, salivary gland tunors, stones in the salivary gland can cause chronic enlargment of the parotid gland. Ultra-sound or CT evaluations of the anatomy as well as ENT consultation possibly with biopsy to get a tissue diagnosis if appropriate can be helpful in making a diagnosis which is important to devise a treatment strategy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Urine After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.