Jan 7, 2007
what is sulfameth used for?
| Response from Dr. Henry
In HIV+ persons sulfa/trimethroprim is used to prevent Pneumocystis and other AIDS-related infections as well as an antibiotic for treatment of a wide range of infections such as skin, respiratory tract, gut, and urinary tract.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.