|CAN I GET PREGNANT ?- MY CD4 COUNT 220
Jan 5, 2007
I am HIV+ and have been on ARV Trimune 40 gms.(Stavudine, Lamivudine, Nevirapine) for one and half years. When I started my CD4 count was 164 but now it is 220. I really want a child. Should I get pregnant now that my CD4 count is 220.
Response from Dr. Henry
It is possible (and occurs often) for an HIV+ person with a CD4 count to get pregnant. Ideally the HIV level will be fully suppressed on treatment making it much less likely that a sexual partner would get infected (still recommend condoms-if trying to get pregnant need to discuss with your HIV provider and partner)or that the baby will get infected. KH
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE FOR GENITAL WARTS
- Does HIV Cause Painful Urination?
- Is Blood In Semen A Symptom Of HIV?
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.