Meds and a Rash

I have a client who recently started on truvada, reyataz, and norivr and she has a rash on her face and neck. Her hands are also swollen. What are these sides effects from , how can they be treated or will they go away on there own?

Rash in the first weeks of starting potent antiretroviral therapy can be due to a drug reaction (hard to choose which of the current regimen most likely since rate of rash is low for all), immune reconstitution symptoms (flare-ups of skin problems fairly common), or some other disease process of sensitivity to other drugs or chemicals. Often consultation from a dermatologist is very helpful to sort out the diagnostic possibilities. For mild-moderate rashes I generally try to treat through without changing the HIV meds and employ symptomatic treatment (and seek early help from dermatologist when I am uncertain what is going on). KH

Coumadin and hiv meds
Mollescum contagious