Worried about my brother

Dear Doctor My got was diagnosed with HIV in Feb this year. He stayed in the hospital for 8 months. He was disturbed mentally I assume bcos of the virus, now he can't walk since then. But the treatment rose him from the dead.His mind is still lost and unable to be on his feet again. His CD4 count rose from 15 to 500. What could be the problem now , not to mormal as before. he is about to lose the job now. Though he gained a lot of weigh. Is it something to do with the treatment or there is something that his doct not awre of it. I'm so worried, Please help me doc. i will really appreciate your help.

Recovering/improving from the HIV perspective addresses one problem but some damage seen in advanced HIV disease/AIDS doesn't fully reverse and underlying mental health or medical problems often impact a patient's abilities to hold down a job. That situation of frustrating when one aspect of a patient's health is getting better and other aspects are not. For some patients treating the HIV portion of their health is actually the easiest component. Hopefully your brother's HIV care provider has access to a social worker/case manage and psychologists/physicial therapiest to evaluate the situation and offer suggestions on job training/prospects. KH

Lipodystrophy?
Alcohol