high estrogen level

I am taking truvada, norvir and reyataz. My testosteron level is 832, it's always been high. But I just had a test for my estrogen level and it is exceedingly high, 260. Could one of these drugs be causing this? My homeopathic doctor wanted me to take an estrogen blocker, arimedex for awhile. He also took me off truvada for awhile. Could you give me any explanation for a high estrogen level? Unfortunately I have never had that test done before, so I have no previous number to compare it to.

Good question. I am not aware of any published data (nor in my own experience) demonstrating that any of the drugs in your current regimen result in clinically significant elevations in estrogen. There has been some concern/documenation that protease inibitors can lower estrogen levels in birth control pills for example but I am not aware of much data showing that the opposite--high levels--is linked to HIV treatment. If any reader has a good reference please post!! It seems plausible that a few individuals may have metabolism of their esterogen levels by the liver altered in a paradoxical manner by protease inhibitors due to genetic status of liver enzymes. There also a metabolic link between such factors as fat levels and liver status and levels of female/male hormones that can be fairly complicated (when I am puzzled I often refer to an endocrinologist to try and help me sort out) .KH

mrsa infection
nevirapine