Dec 22, 2006
if a hiv person has mrsa and is on the medication for a year and he has 3 soars is he still contagious to be around?
Response from Dr. Henry
Methicillin-resistant staph aureus infection can be hard to eradicate and can persist in odd places like inside the nose. Often long term treatment /prevention is used and cultures of skin/nose used to determine if the organism has been cleared from the body. Often that is a very frustrating situation! KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live On The Skin?
- Hiv Symptoms 8 Weeks After Exposure
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Urethra
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.