Condom broke during anal sex

Hello Dr. Conway.

Please help me out of this situation. I had insertive anal intercourse. In the beginning it was protected but then the condom broke. The problem is that I didn't notice that and so I don't know how long it was unprotected. I went to the hospital after one day and the doc there told me that I shoudn't freak out and that this situation happens a lot of time and that the risk is quite low and very close to zero. He told me to make a test in 3 months but he didn't recommend it. What should I do?

Response from Dr. Conway

The risk of you becoming infected with HIV following unprotected insertive anal intercourse wiht someone who is known to be infected is about 1/500 to 1/1000. I would probably put your risk at the lower end of this range, given that you do not if the person was actually infected and you did have the protection of a condom for at least part of the encounter. I would certainly recommend that you get HIV testing done now (to make sure you were not already infected with HIV) and again in 3 months (to ensure that you did not become infected from this exposure). In the meantime, I would also recommend that you undergo testing immediately if you have flu-like or other significant symptoms that suggest acute HIV infection.

Change in appetite and stool
what new meds are coming out?