hiv+ with body pains
Dec 15, 2006
hi my friend is hiv+ and experiences alot o body pains and fatiuge. She has done her cd4 count, it was 1000. Her doctor says she does not need to take arvs, what can she take to boost her immunity?
Response from Dr. Henry
For an HIV+ person with a CD4 count= 1000 there is no proven way to boost effective immunity. Taking a multiple vitamin with minerals is often recommended. Aches and pains and fatigue are common in the general population so it is often tough to link those symptoms with the HIV status of a particular patient. Exercise, good diet, and attention to mental health can be helpful in many patients as can evaluation for non-HIV related problems (such as hormone status, anemia, et ecetera). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Disorders Cause Back Pain?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- Signs And Symptoms Of Being Sick
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.