Dec 15, 2006
Today Dr. Markowtiz reported that cd4's in the gut are depleted quickly and do not recover well , indicating that perhaps hiv infected people might need to be a little more vigilent with regards to getting a colonoscopy. Do you have an age where you want your patients to get one ?? and do you rx the regular one or the virtual one AND WHY DO YOU RX THIS particular one?? MANY thanks,,. :LUke
| Response from Dr. Henry
I am familiar with that paper and study. Colonscopy for assessing HIV status is a research only technique -not recommended for routine use in HIV+ persons outside of screening for colon CA per standard recommendations or for evalution of GI symptoms. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV Infection From A Colonoscopy?
- Painful Red Spots After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Biochemical Reaction That Happen When Testing Syphilis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.