red bands

im asking you this ? because for 6 months i ahve ask ealse where and had no response how soon would red band gingivitis show up in hiv and what would i look for i have some bands in the back bottom and the top back around my gumline it lightens and then gets darker please tell me what i need to look for to be able to tell if this is what i have

Response from Dr. Reznik

Red band gingivitis or Linear Gingival Erythema is usually associated with late stage disease and is not a sign nor symptom of HIV seroconversion illness or early disease. As with all of the oral manifestations we see in people living with HIV/AIDS, it is important to point out that they are not solely seen in HIV disease.

If you are concerned about the appearance of your gingival tissues (gums), please take the time to visit a dentist.

I hope this helps!

DR

Polymers vs Collagens
am i hiv+