treatment

I have been taking nevirapine and combivir for the past year and half but i started having pro blems with my liver.I discussed with my doctor about it and now i haved switched to kivexa and combivir,i want to know how good this is ?I stopped nevirapine because we thought it was the one causing the inflamation of the liver.

Nevirapine can cause liver problems so that is a legitimate concern. Switching nevirapine to Kivexa (abacavir + 3TC I believe) is not recommended since Combivir also contains 3TC (as well as AZT). Triple NRTI therapy may be OK in some settings but generally has been inferior when compared to boosted-protease inhibitor or non-nuke RTI based therapy. Switching the nevirapine to efavirenz or a boosted-PI would be an option if those drugs are available to you. There can be other causes of liver inflammation (such as viral hepatitis) that need to be considered as well. KH

37 and just diagnosed pos
hair loss