Loose stool remedy?
Dec 5, 2006
I have 5 to 6 bowel movements with loose stool per day since starting treatment (Ziagen/Viread/Lexiva) and was hoping to find a natural remedy???
Response from Dr. Henry
Different patients may respond to using a calcium supplement, fiber tablets, oat bran, or yogurt. On the medication side use of Lomotil or Immodium at low doses can help some. If persistently annoying may consider discussing whether a switch to an alternative HIV regimen is an option for you. Viread and Lexiva can induce loose stools in a modest subset of patients. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Vomiting?
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.