prophylactic combivir effects to liver with alchol

I just started prophylactic combivir I'm on day 1, for an occupational exposure . I don't know how long I need to take this drug and also the effects on the liver if I drink alcohol. I do have a history of abnormal liver function tests due to chemotherapy. The clinician also said a side effect can be pancreatitis. It all sounds terrible. Can you please give me some more information in layman terms?

Thank you,

A one-month course of Combivir for post-exposure prophylaxis is usually quite safe but can result in lots of GI complaints (nausea, cramping, loss of appetite, etc). Effects on the liver over 4 weeks are generally quite modest. I recommend drinking no more than 2 drinks of alcohol/day (less of hepatitis C positive)and no use of high dose acetominophen. KH

Health Insurance
weight loss